Wednesday 3 June 2009

For Sew Mama Sew

Hello,

i am completing the questions about my Sewing machines, a Janome 1600p, and a Janome JR1012.

Here are my answers:

What brand and model do you have?
I have 2 machines, both Janome one is a 1600p, and the other I received for my birthday and it is a JR1012
How long have you had it?
I've had the 1600p for about a year. My parents use for business and I use it when it is not at their offices.
How much does that machine cost (approximately)?
I do not know as I never seem to pay attention to those things.
What types of things do you sew (i.e. quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, etc.)?
On the 1600p I am planning to sew a quilt. I make a lot of pencil cases for my friends using vinyl. on the JR1012I sew clothes, bags and little trinkets for my friends.
How much do you sew? How much wear and tear does the machine get?
I sew about once a week the 1600p has been through a lot of wear and tear as i am sewing though many layers and different materials.
Do you like/love/hate your machine? Are you ambivalent? Passionate? Does she have a name?
I love both my machines, they do not have names as I forget the names and it feels weird naming a machine.
What features does your machine have that work well for you?
they both can sew through tons of layers and are very strong and durable.
Is there anything that drives you nuts about your machine?
the 1600p only straight stitches, so before I got my the JR1012machine, I could not sew many clothes. I had to use the machines at school, which I do not like.
Do you have a great story to share about your machine (i.e., Found it under the Christmas tree? Dropped it on the kitchen floor? Sewed your fingernail to your zipper?, Got it from your Great Grandma?, etc.!)? We want to hear it!
I received MyJR1012 from My grandpa and Grandma, as a goodbye present/birthday present. All the grandkids received something, but mine was the most special, as I am the only one who sews. the tradition falls down the girls line. My grandma sews, her only daughter, my mum sews, and then I sew so it is tradition.
Would you recommend the machine to others? Why?
I would recommend both machines. but for different reasons. The 1600p for quilting and my 1012 for everything else.
What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine?
Strength, durability, wear and tear.
Do you have a dream machine?
Not at the moment, I have more dream projects to make on my machine as I am still in school, and do not sew everyday.

These are my answers and hopefully, you guys can see that i have to juggle all this with school as well.

hehe

1 comment:

  1. thanks hodgie.. i've been confused over which machine to buy and ur review abt the 1012 has helped me to decide

    ReplyDelete